Files written to this standard annotate an electric design with the power and power control intent of that design. Elements of that annotation include:
- Power Supplies: supply nets, supply sets, power states
- Power Control: power switches
- Additional Protection: level shifters and isolation
- Memory retention during times of limited power: retention strategies and supply set power states
- Refinable descriptions of the potential power applied to the electronic system: power states, transitions, a set of simstate, pg_type and function attributes of nets, and the -update argument to support the progressive refinement of the power intent.